The Phantom Cocktail
This week this Huntsville Ballet Company is performing The Phantom of the Ballet and in their honor the bartenders at SiP have created The Phantom Cocktail.
- Nose: lemon and dark berries
- Taste: sweet raspberry on the front with notes of herbs, lemon, and ginger
- Finish: a mix of ginger and raspberries, sweet and lingering
- Overall: A sweet cocktail filled with a complexity of flavors. Most well suited for a maduro cigar.
The Phantom Cocktail – Recipe
- 1.25 Ciroc
- .5 Domaine de Canton
- .25 Chambord
- .25 Benedictine
- Served on a small ice ball in a martini glass
- Garnish with lemon zest and a Bordeaux cherry
Perdomo 20th Anniversary Maduro
Celebrating Perdomo’s 20th year as a premium cigar company from Nicaragua. Semi-box pressed, these cigars are double aged. First aged for 6 years, then for an additional 14 months in bourbon barrels.
Filler: Nicaraguan, Binder: Nicaraguan, Wrapper: Nicaraguan Broadleaf Maduro
- Cold Draw: a very open draw, earth, cocoa, spice
- First Third: medium body, spice, leather, rich earth, creamy hot cocoa
- Second Third: medium-full body, red pepper pulls up out of the spice mix, leather, cocoa, and cream.
- Final Third: full body with a nicotine punch, a nuttiness is added into the mix with the continuing pepper, leather, cocoa, and cream.
- Overall: This cigar doesn’t have a singular flavor that spearheads itself, rather the flavors go back and forth with different pack leaders between each puff. Every puff is interesting!
Both the cigar and the drink have a lot going on. This cocktail brings an extra sweetness to the cigar. Meanwhile the cigar tones down the drink, balancing the lighter flavors with its rich earth and leather, and pulling the herbal notes to the front of the cocktail.